0

CI World

Posted by Tina on 6:45 PM in , , , , ,
Since the last posting, I have met and spoken to so many CI'ers.  I am getting way too excited about the entire CI process.  I am so amazed how much they can actually hear.  They have told me things like they can hear someone chew and swallow.  Ew, that was a major turn off.  But it will vary on each CI'er.  And it is something that can be fixed during a mapping.

I submitted my application to John Hopkins, the killer part, is that it takes between 6-8 weeks for records to review my application and then call me to schedule an appointment.  6-8 WEEKS??  Are you freaking kidding me?  I want my hearing back so bad...I am just so frustrated cuz I am having a huge difficulty recognizing the weird sounds that are around me.

On Tuesday, I had a meeting at work with my department.  Did I understand everything at the meeting?  NOPE!  I know.. I should have requested an interpreter but I figured that I would understand everything since it was only the 7 or 8 of us.   Then during the meeting, I heard this loud noise, had no idea where it was coming from, I am looking around and trying to figure out what the heck it was.  My co-worker Nancy realized that I was puzzled and mouthed to me "Its a vacuum next door."  I was relieved to hear that it was the vacuum, not my hearing aid crapping out or another sudden hearing loss drop that I experienced back in November.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2012 You gotta b'lieve Hon, or not! All rights reserved.