2

Different Cochlear Implant Vendors

I have been asked what company that I am planning to use.  There are three companies that I know of, Advanced Bionics (AB), Cochlear, and Med-El.

I'm not gonna lie here, I picked AB, because of the great advanced technology that they have come up with.  Their special hooks, the T-Mic, the direct connect, and the standard hook.  All I can say is 'WOW'.  The T-Mic really sounds pretty cool from what I have heard from my mentors and friends that have AB.   I know that there have been two recalls but it shows that they are willing to go for the improvement in their processor, implant piece.  Also their advancement in the software as well.  

I have a lot of CI'ers that have AB.  Very few have Cochlear and None have Med-El.  There is one thing I heard about Med-El.. they have the tinniest processors that I haven't seen in a long time!

But what's important to me?  The advanced technology with the newest software that recently been out not too long ago.  Gotta weigh your options!

|

2 Comments


You it's a personal choice. When I see a CI on a person I scream and run hug them. I don't ask to see what kind they have. Hearing again through the miracle of the CI is still a miracle...

DeniseP


Do u really do that? Wow. I don't know if I have guts to do it!!! You are brave!

Copyright © 2012 You gotta b'lieve Hon, or not! All rights reserved.