1

One week since activation

The first week was rough. Everything I heard did not make any sense. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision here. I know it may be too soon. But I'm sorta lost here. I was all excited about activation and can I hear? Well yea but it don't sound right....just a bunch of freaking noise. Come on here.

Second. My implant keeps falling off when my hair is down. Grrrr...emailed my audie this week and he said that he can add another magnet. Whatever that means.

The day after I got activated, I went to Ocean City for the weekend. I heard a few things but they weren't clear. The ocean, the traffic and a loud bang. That's it! What a weekend.

Tomorrow is my 1st programming. I hope things sound better after I leave JHH tomorrow.

|

1 Comments


This is a very common reaction. Everyone is told that sounds won't make sense for a while, and everyone says they understand, but inside, they all hope things will be different. Have patience. Your brain is working very hard to make sense of sounds now, and the volume is still set very low. Many people don't have very good hearing for the first 2 months. You are only one week in. It is a marathon, and you have to be willing to stick it out for a long haul. Don't get discouraged so soon. It will get better.

As to the magnet, the stronger the magnet on the coil, the better it will stick to the magnet on the internal component.

Copyright © 2012 You gotta b'lieve Hon, or not! All rights reserved.